original State Library was located on the second floor north wing
of the Capitol. The State Library and the Supreme Court Library
shared this room from 1907 until the late 1950s when the Court moved
to its new building. The Legislative Reference Library, formerly
a division of the State Library, remained in the space and expanded
its services and collections when the State Library relocated to
a new building in the early 1960s.