Welcome to the employment page of the State Preservation Board (SPB). Thank you for your interest in our agency. SPB's organizational divisions require staff with diverse skills and talents. We strive to attract and retain employees with a high degree of expertise and dedication to the agency's mission and ethical conduct.
Full-Time (40+ hours a week)
Part-Time (less than 40 hours a week)
Please read the following before applying.
- Resumes are not accepted in lieu of the State of Texas application; however, a resume may be attached as a supplement.
- Once you have submitted your application via e-mail, there is no need to submit an application by mail or fax.
- Candidates selected for employment will be subject to a background check prior to employment.
- Applications submitted to the State Preservation Board may be subject to public disclosure, pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act.
Send Application via:
- E-mail - TSPB.Employment@tspb.texas.gov
- Fax - 512.463.3372
- Mail - State Preservation Board
Attn: Staff Services
201 E. 14th Street, Suite 950
Austin, Texas 78701
State of Texas Employment Benefits
The State of Texas offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes health insurance with prescription drug benefits; coverage for basic term life insurance and supplemental life insurance; three dental plans to choose from; short and long term disability; pension retirement benefits; flexible spending account options for: medical, day care and commuting expenses; vacation leave accruals based on years of state employment (pro-rated for part-time employees); sick leave; holidays as designated by the Texas Legislature; emergency leave benefits in the event of death of a qualifying family member; leave with pay for jury duty service; direct deposit convenience at first eligibility, and 401k and 457 plan options.
For more information refer to the Employee Retirement System of Texas at www.ERS.texas.gov
SPB Employment Benefits
- Select previews of IMAX releases and exhibits.
- Individual level Bullock Museum membership.
- Free "Mystery Previews" at the Bullock Museum.
- Select tours conducted by subject matter experts.
- Free parking in close proximity.
- * All benefits are non-transferable. *
E-Verify Participating Agency
The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires all new employees to present proof of eligibility to work in the United States within three (3) days of being hired. SPB participates in E-Verify and will verify information from each new employee's Form 1-9 to confirm work authorization.
EEO and Eligibility Statements
The State Preservation Board is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants without regard to national origin, sexual orientation, sex, Veteran status, disability, religion, race, color or age. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, any requests for a reasonable accommodation in the interview and selection process, please call the agency's Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator at - 512.475.4992 and our representative will be happy to assist you.
All males who are age 18 through 25 and are required to register with the Selective Service may be asked to present proof of registration or exemption from registration upon hire.
With few exceptions, you have the right to request and be informed about information that the State of Texas collects about you. You are entitled to receive and review the information upon request. You also have the right to ask the state agency to correct any information that is determined to be incorrect.