Capitol Events & Exhibits Request
The State Preservation Board approves and schedules all Capitol events and exhibits held in the public areas of the Capitol, Capitol Extension and on the Capitol Grounds.
- Please note that all events and exhibits must serve a public purpose by promoting the public health, education, safety, morals and general welfare of all of the state's residents. Submitted applications must include a letter of sponsorship from a state official sponsor. State official sponsors include the Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, a Texas Senator, or a member of the Texas House of Representatives.
In order to ensure that the requested date is available, please contact the Events and Exhibits Coordinator prior to completing the appropriate application and reading the policies that accompany each application.
- The State Preservation Board can only accept payments for Events and Exhibits via check or money order.
- Completed applications may be faxed to Events and Exhibits Coordinator at Fax# 512.463.3372.
- Please contact the Events and Exhibits Coordinator at - Capitol.Events@tspb.texas.gov or call - 512.463.3051 with any questions.
Policies and Application Forms
Note: An actual signature is necessary on any applications that are submitted. Please print and sign your application(s) before submitting.
- For Events in the Capitol or Open Air Rotunda
- Events Policy
Events Application - Capitol and Open Air Rotunda
- For Events on the Capitol Grounds
- Grounds Policy
- Grounds Application - Capitol South Steps and Grounds
Addendum to Grounds Policy, For use of the Capitol Drive
- For Exhibit Areas inside the Capitol
- Exhibits Policy
- For the Capitol Extension Auditorium
- Auditorium Policy
- For the Capitol Extension LCC
- Legislative Conference Center Policy
- Legislative Conference Center Application
- Legislative Conference Center Typical Setup
- Legislative Catering Option (Capitol Grill)
- For Filming at the Capitol
- Filming Policy and Application
For State Official Use Only
Submitted applications must include a letter of sponsorship from a state official sponsor. State official sponsors include the Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, a Texas Senator, or a member of the Texas House of Representatives.